Double Take - Square Coffee Table

This past Spring, my Mother was freshening up their beach place and somehow I ended up with this coffee table [it had a smoky glass top which shattered on the way to the car - oops].





  She said, "Maybe you could use it in an empty staging project." Well, at first I thought, "Not in this lifetime!" Then I thought, "The 1980's called and want their coffee table back."  But as the table sat in our garage, I began to appreciate the lines of the piece and came up with a solution to repurpose it.  So, here is the after (it now lives in our family room).



Needless to say, my Mom wants it back now! 

[BTW, yes that is a very large TV in a very large black hole above our fireplace, and yes, it is on the list!!  When I get the green light from the hubs to remodel that area, I will post pictures!]  

8 comments:

  1. Mandi it's beautiful.

    Can I ask....What fabric did you use and who made the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly!
    Miss seeing you. . . The cover is a neutral linen (very inexpensive from King Cotton) with the trim is from www.lsfabrics.com (an online fabric house in Atlanta). I sewed the cover!! But, if you need a name of someone, I have a list of my favorites who we work with and will gladly share them with you! M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this project. It turned out great - and who would have thunk!!! great job mandi. i especially love the trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it, great reuse. Love that trim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be honest, I never would have thought of covering up that table, even though I love table slips. Looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. What a good idea. I love the color,fabric and trim as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! It is beautiful!
    Btw, I'm so jealous of your living room. It is so perfectly sophisticated and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thoughts on my post! M.