A Bathroom to Share

I recently purchased this vanity bench for my daughter's bathroom, and I'm loving how it looks.   Kim over at Green Room Interiors has a fantastic eye.  She found this little bench, painted it and reupholstered it in this great fabric.
When I saw it in her shop, I knew it would look amazing in the space.
My daughter shares this bath with our guest bedroom, so I wanted to make it a bit more sophisticated and this vanity bench is definitely a step in the right direction.

It fits perfectly in the built in vanity area.  The fabric is a linen with gray, green and teal (which is my daughter's favorite color) accents.  What I like about the fabric is that it is whimsical enough for my eight year old, but the colors are "grown up" enough for a guest bathroom.  Thanks, Kim!
  

This little vanity bench is only the beginning for this bathroom.  I have big big plans in there, but I must pace myself.  If you recall awhile back, I posted on some great affordable artwork.  This is the piece I had framed for the space.

I would love to get one more from this series so I can stack them vertically on this wall.  Then I will paint a dramatic color on the wall, so the large mat of the artwork draws your eye into the small watercolor.

Now that I have a couple of pieces for inspiration, I can begin to make this bathroom something special. 

Stay tuned. . . .  

7 comments:

  1. Oh, i love the way that art was framed off-center and BIG! It looks great in the bathroom. And what a bench....great fabric and shape. Can't wait to hear about your grand plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bench too....I would love it for myself..its modern but traditional at the same time..great looking! Love when you get something that you really are thrille with the it looks, don't you? Please visit me, doing an unreal giveaway, a pair of Murano handblown glass lamps from Swank lighting!
    www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bench is perfect there- so pretty and feminine but in a subtle way. Love the artwork as well- can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bench- can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandi, the bench looks great in your bathroom! Thanks for the shout-out. I've linked to this post from my blog, too! Can't wait to see it all come together. Happy weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bench does look great...fits so perfectly like it was made specifically for that space! Also great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That watercolor is so wonderful, sweet and curious. A wonderful choice. I love the fabric on the bench.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thoughts on my post! M.