Doors are Opening!


As you can see, the muse got a makeover!  Thanks to Shari at Little Blue Deer for my new look. There are still a few more links and things to complete, but the main look is in place.  I will try to have everything operational in the next week or so. 

I entitled this post, "Doors are Opening" because I wanted to take this opportunity to announce the launch of my new interior design company - Mandi Smith T Interiors.  As many of you know, I have been doing interior staging and design for the past three years here in Birmingham.  Recently, I decided to create my own company with a focus on providing smart interior design advice for those on a budget.  After all, interior design should be less intimidating and more accessible. 

I think there is a real need for decorators who understand not all homeowner's can afford (nor want) to completely start over with their interiors.  Instead, by making smart choices on current furnishings and the layout of a space, one can achieve a fresh new look without investing a fortune.

So, if you are looking for a fresh new look in your home on a budget, I would love to help you!  

For those that follow my blog, I will continue to publish daily post on interior design, and I hope you continue to follow me!  To that end, I thought I would kick off the week with some of my favorite things!

Things That Make Me Smile

Generally, I love change. I am forever rearranging my spaces, trying new recipes, and encouraging my kids to branch out (new friends, new sports, new foods).  But, there are a few things, I never seem to grow tired of.  They always make me happy.

Cut Velvet Pillows


A Toddler's Belly Laugh




Homemade Ice Cream


Nailhead Trim


Fresh Flowers


A Meal with my Husband




The Smell of BBQ


Oushak Rugs

Bed Linens 


Platform Sandals 
(with nailhead trim I might add!)

I hope you have a wonderful week.  Thank you for continuing to follow and read my blog everyday.  The support has been truly wonderful! M. 

12 comments:

  1. Well congrats to you! I think you are right there is most definitely plenty of room for someone who has a great eye but who also has a practical sense of the design end without breaking the bank and someone who can be "resourceful" is a huge huge bonus! I love much of what you love, cut velvet pillows check, a belly laugh check, a bbq check, a great meal with my hubby check, beautiful oushak rugs check, on and on...yes we like lots of the same things. I enjoyed reading your post and wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor!!
    PS Homemade ice cream.....OMG don't even get me started.....and if its peach, there is no stopping me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Love your new look too....Shari at Little Blue deer is awesome, talented and super patient. Great job..looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...where do I start! First I wanted to thank you for adding my blog to your blog roll. I am truly honored. Also, congratulations on all your success with the launch of your new company. I love the concept of smart design. And last, but certainly not least, this new look is beautiful! So in all Happy new beginnings to you and many successes to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mazel Tov on your new venture! And the blog looks FAB.

    xo,

    Raina
    If the Lamp Shade Fits

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new look!
    Best of luck with your new venture. I have no doubt that it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Mandi. I wish you every success !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new venture. Wishing you tremendous growth and success in your business!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Shari is the BEST!!! Isn't it funny how when you first start blogging....well for me anyway, I was satisfied with my simply designed blog and then all of a sudden you are seeing these beautiful blogs and you think "Dang...I need one of those!" It really is sharp! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the colors and desing you picked out... sophisticated yet elegant and approachable. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! And I love the new blog design...so many wonderful things! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new blog design looks fabulous!

    I am in the process of setting up my business in Mississippi. Opening accounts, etc. is taking up all of my free time these days! I don't want to work fullt ime... but would like a few part-time projects to work on when I get to Meridian.

    Good luck with this new part of your business! Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thoughts on my post! M.