Inexpensive Artwork

I ordered this fabulous handmade paper for my daughter's bathroom a while ago. When I ordered it, I had no idea what a huge impact it would make in the space.
sorry for the poor quality of the image (it's small and dark in there)

 These pictures truly do not do it justice.  The colors and handmade quality of it really feel like true artwork.  Also, did I mention it was $4.50 a sheet?

When I started sourcing ideas for framing/hanging it, I realized a custom frame would be defeating the entire purpose of the project - namely, inexpensive with big impact.  So, I decided to frame the paper in three inexpensive IKEA frames from floor to ceiling for a gallery wall feel.

I think it really added a lot of interest to this otherwise, blah bathroom.

I have other changes planned for this space.  But for now, this small change has freshened it up a bit.   Here's my source for the paper - Paper Mojo. There are tons of color combinations to consider. M. 

10 comments:

  1. Excellent tip! These are gorgeous with major impact. Thanks for sharing!
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandi! That looks amazing!!! Looks away more expensive than 3 sheets of paper and Ikea frames! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just exactly what I need to do in the kid's bathroom...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love This! And I really like how you did large pieces that take up the whole wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Love it!! and the best part? it looks really expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I always love artwork hung from floor to ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a gorgeous look and I love the price too! I think the key is how you hung it as a gallery wall for tons of impact - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the three paired together! I bought one sheet of this but haven't decided what to do with it yet. But I really think I need more! Need some IKEA frames for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those papers are gorgeous... and what a fabulous way to display them... love how you stacked them! Thanks for sharing the source... I'm definitely going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thoughts on my post! M.