Project - Before and Afters

Sometimes it's hard to get motivated this time of year - with the holidays over and several cold months still ahead of us.  The great news is this is the perfect time of year to restyle your rooms.  Just to give you a little inspiration, I thought I would share a project I've been working on over the last few months.  

I've shared a few pictures of this project with you here earlier, but this week we worked on finishing up. And just in time since the couple is hosting an engagement party this weekend! 

I have restyled almost every room in this house and it has been a ton of fun for me.  But what I wanted to show you today is their family room/den.  I did not take pictures of where this room began (sorry), but here is the initial "After" of the space (btw, the walls were red, so we picked this warm vanilla color to lightened up the space). 

Here is a view of the opposite direction.  These are all items the couple already had in their home - just moved from other rooms for a fresh look.  

Once we finished the restyle, I sourced some additional items should she choose to enhance the space in the future. 

So, a couple of weeks ago, my client called to tell me her husband was taking the leather chair to his office (yeah!!) and that she wanted to purchase the new pieces for the space. 

So, here's the Second After . . .  new chairs.  The slipper chairs moved to the basement/media room; and with the large leather recliner out of the picture, we were able to select a pair of larger scale chairs to fill this space.

And this is the wall with the leather chair.

So what's new you ask?  The console table (found at a consignment shop for a deal) here in town.  I love that this piece visually fills this large wall while it's narrow profile keeps the path to the door clear.  The chairs are from Bernhardt and are a very high quality chair for the money.    Lastly, we purchased the crackle finished plates.  These are a clever way to give you an entire wall of artwork without breaking the bank.  All the rest - lamps, mirror, wall brackets, etc. were pulled from other areas of the home. 

Notice the coffee table is different, we traded the coffee tables with the living room for a change.  I think the glass top makes the space feel bigger.  So, by purchasing a few key pieces, the space has been completely transformed.  

Hopefully, this will encourage you to move some furniture this weekend?!  Have a great one.  M.

15 comments:

  1. Mandi...beautiful, so elegant and warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the plates. That wall is a WOW!!!!

    Jan B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plates are the perfect pop of color on that wall! Love the fresh look-- mind sharing your source for the blinds (bamboo?) or were they already in place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chairs are beautiful, love the clean modern lines with her other furnishings! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandi, THAT is one beautiful room! Love it :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandi,
    This looks wonderful! The bamboo shades add a nice touch too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi asked about the bamboo shades. She already had these in the space and we simply added an extra one to the door for privacy. They came from Home Depot! I think if you have lots of high end furnishings/draperies in a space (notice the Suzani creweled fabric), you can mix in a few affordable things and still get the look! M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Mandi, it looks fabulous. This is a perfect illustration how adding a few new pieces can really transform an already great room. The chairs you chose are substantial but don't overwhelm, and I love how the glass coffee table allows you to see that beautiful rug more. Needless to say, I also adore the console with the plates arranged around the mirror. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mandi...I so love a good redesign and then your added touches really brought the room together. The plates are wonderful...love the color on the wall. Everything about the room is fabulous...I know they must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mandi, great redesign and you are right all the changes opened that space right up. Love the plates and the change of coffee table too. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job! Ha! I don't need any encouragement to move things around at my house...just a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what you did. It looks fabulous. Classic Casual Home has a great idea. A glass of wine and moving furniture! Hum, sounds good!

      Delete
    2. By the way, I am adding you to my blog roll!

      Delete
  12. Love your blog, love your style! I can't stop thinking about those gorgeous crackle plates. Would you mind sharing where they are from? The room looks amazing...love how you have a "down the road plan" as I don't think anyone ever stops tweaking their nest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow- the changes are amazing! I love the plate wall and the new chairs. The beautiful color in those plates give the room a great pop of color. It's amazing what a little changing around can do for a space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thoughts on my post! M.