Breakfast Room Updates

What do you get when your husband is out playing golf and your kids are spending some quality with with the grandparents for a week?  

You get some stuff done!!!  Like cafe curtains for the breakfast room.

I was finally able to add some much needed fabric to my breakfast room.  I think I've mentioned this a couple of times, but after painting my kitchen and breakfast room it lost its warm feel.  These were very easy to make - I did not line them.  Also, since we really did not need them for privacy, and I did not want to block our view, I kept it very simple.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new wall color, but it does have some gray in it and because I also painted the trim the wall color, it seemed big and a bit cold.  This can be a common problem for kitchens and bathrooms in general.  So, fabric to the rescue!

Hope your summer is going great so far!  M.

7 comments:

  1. I love the addition of the cafe curtains to your breakfast area. I also love that you chose the black rod and hardware too. They look really nice - simple and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! That is a project I am going to tackle this month also and I was looking for a rod just like that without spending major cash. Where did you get those curtain rods? Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, perfect solution! I'm battling the exact same thing since I repainted my kitchen in April... I love my big open windows, so I'm trying to avoid window treatments, but I may have to rethink it. :)
    Hope you're enjoying your summer, Mandi!
    xo heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Its fun to see your dinning room transform.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your new curtains and the wall color and trim to match. Very pretty! It is amazing what you can get done when only have yourself to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this room look gorgeous! I love the cafe curtain idea - even though you chose a plain color; the curtain do make a great impact on the room. Well done - extremely pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thoughts on my post! M.