Find of the Day - Nailhead Chest

I've had my eye on this fabulous chest for the last couple of years.  It is oh so yummy . . .  I will always and forever be a sucker for nailheads.
via

But at $1,724.00 for a such a trendy piece, it's difficult to justify.  Like most pieces, if you wait long enough you will begin to see knock offs.  Spotted this while sourcing bedside tables for a client . . . 

Is it exactly the same?  No.  But neither is the price - $349.95.  It is also the perfect size for bedside tables and has the linen upholstered texture that adds so much to a space.  I think they have potential.  What do you think?   Happy soggy Tuesday! M.



9 comments:

  1. Yes, I see potential indeed! Of course like you, I love the first one but the inexpensive one is pretty too and for that price, you could get two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't like it. Love the other one and I love this one's price, I'd just spend the money on something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first choice is of course the piece at the top, however, although tedious, you could "dab" each nailhead very carefully with paint on the second piece. I know that sounds crazy but it sounds like something I would possibly attempt. I'm trying to think of something to be used as a tool that would have a reverse indentation to cover the nailheads. You'd have to be very careful since the piece is upholstered. If I come up with some tool invention I'll post back here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw one at market last week, which might be a good middle of the road option...will email it to you! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one is beautiful, but I love the texture of both of them. And the second one is a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought one of these chest of drawers for my daughter's room which I found at - are you ready for this - Ross! It was somewhere in the neighborhood of $250. Is it well made? Not really, but it actually looks a lot like the top photo (has more nailheads than the second piece). So, go check out your Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pier One......are you kidding? I love the knock off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent blog , i got many inspiration from your bloq , i will visiting often, thank you, regard , Edi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love! I just got that "steal" for a client's bedside table. Holds up well with the other higher end pieces and what a deal!
    Joanne @ Homestyling101

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thoughts on my post! M.