Things on my Mind Lately

We all have Spring fever over here.  I honestly think I have it worst than the kids this year.  I think all the romping around in the front yard for our project has made me very excited about the warmer weather.  I've been thinking about a few new tables setting and lots of other Spring inspired items.  Just a few of the items swirling around in the coconut these days. . . 

Honeycomb pattern of magnetic spice jars. 

I've been cleaning out and checking stock of our bar area.  We seem to use it so much more in the summer when entertaining.  I think it's fun to have a funky wine stopper or two! Love these, and they would make a great hostess gift.


I'm working on a lunch menu for Easter and leg of lamb keeps popping into my mind.  I've never made it, but it seems like the perfect Easter main course.

Then, I was also thinking about coconut cake.  And found this one with a fun twist -  Coconut Carrot cake.  The picture makes my mouth water.   

I showed it to my hubby and said, "Doesn't this look divine?" His reply, "Looks like a waste of good sugar to me.  I'm a pie man." Boooo.  Insert sad face here.  But, then I thought of lemon pie.  And happy face.  If you make that wonderful looking cake, please eat a piece for me.  This year, I'm going with pie.  
  

If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen a little sneak peek of my table setting with this picture.  

The dogwood china was a gift from my mother in law,  and I made the napkins over the weekend.  See a bit of the pattern under the plate?  It's a faux bois pattern with peachy/coral tones.  I got the idea to make the napkins from a very clever client, and it was super easy.  Total cost for 20 napkins - $36.00.  I was considering a set at West Elm that would have cost me around $240.00 for a dozen.  So, I'm pretty happy at the moment. I plan to have peach and green tones throughout the table. You'll  have to wait for the whole reveal.  Here's the fabric source if you want to make a set of your very own.
via  

Also saw this fun recipe for a Spring signature cocktail - Rosemary Infused Honey Sidecars. Yes please.  I've never tried a sidecar, and it looks like this year is the year!

Been thinking about this room in blogger Abby Larson's home.  A. lot.  And I'm not even a pink kind of girl.  Trying to decide what it is about the room I like so much. 

Here's the other side of the room.

I think it's how light filled it seems.  The drab winter we've has me in a light and airy mood.  Told you I had the fever.  I'm sure you've seen Domino's website where you can shop the story.  Love that feature.  Very fun to see the price points - click here to check it out

Lastly, have you seen the new fabrics from Schumacher?!  They have created a couple of brand new designs that I love.  I shared pictures of them on Instagram this week.  But, they've also issued some new color ways of a few tried and true designs (like Betwixt, Chang Mai, and a few others).   There are four new colors of Betwixt (love them all) and three new colors of Chang Mia (one with a kelly green background that's oh so divine).  Such a great way to make a tried and true fabric feel fresh.  They are so new, I can't even find them on their website.  Should have snapped a few pictures of them with my phone.   

Happy Mid-week. M.




1 comment:

  1. I found you on IG Mandi! I love when I can connect with some of my favorite bloggers on Instagram. I need to check out that feature on Abby Larson's home further. The neutral base is beautiful and how she layered in metals and color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for thoughts on my post! M.